7.29.2012

Remember when...

I spent 4 days in Japan...and promised pictures from the trip?
well, here they are. the best of our amazing visit to Japan that I never wanted to end.
// Day 1. Ashikaga: sleeper train, shiba-sakura park with great-grandma and -grandpa  // Day 2. Akari yakiniku barbeque restaurant with family, soba restaurant, Ashikaga Flower Park, fuji flower ice cream  // Day 3. Tokyo: visiting aunt and friends, katsu restaurant, rainy day Tokyo Disneyland with friends  // Day 4. Osaka: buffet restaurant and shopping with friends, ferris wheel in the city, tako yaki and okonomiyak....and more....

Phew. With all the rushing and running around we had to do, I am so surprised that we were able to do so much. It was pretty much the BEST vacation ever! Seriously, I dream about this trip still. I would go back in a heartbeat! Sending our love and gratitude to all our family and friends that were so welcoming and accommodating to our family. Wishing so badly we could go back.

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are unreal! I want to go to Japan now. I can't believe how pretty it looks. Oh, and just curious...what actions did you use to edit these photos? I really like the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christal! You totally need to go! It's the best place on earth ;) I didn't use an action on these, I just played around with the point curve and colors in lightroom, I sometimes use camera raw for this look too...they are very similar I guess. Have you been using lightroom or ACR for editing??

      Delete
  2. Megumi, your pictures are beautiful. You have a classic/real style. I've never tried lightroom and I wonder how similar it is to CS4?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! Well if you have Photoshop CS4, then you have ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) and LR is very similar to that. If/when you shoot photos in "RAW" format, you can open it in ACR and do very general edits like exposure, fill light, saturation, etc. for multiple photos at a time. For these I mainly adjusted the tone curve and played around very little with colors, light, etc. I do like Photoshop though because of the control it gives and the localized edits you can do on it. I hope that helps :D

      Delete