5.09.2012

Vermont Maple Blueberry Salad

I am absolutely obsessed with this salad!  You'll know what I mean once you take a bite.  My favorite part about this salad is the maple dressing, or maybe it's the crunch of the cinnamon almonds.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  This salad will make your taste buds dance.

Ingredients:
1 head romaine lettuce
2 granny smith apples chopped into small bite size cubes
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or blue cheese (I used feta)
1/4 cup crushed cinnamon almonds (I bought them by the pound at SUNFLOWER MARKET or you can make your own.  Click HERE to learn how).

Dressing Ingredients:
1 small clove of garlic
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Blend all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender until completely smooth.

Toss all of the salad ingredients together then drizzle the maple dressing on top right before serving! Taste it, you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment